As we are drawing nearer to the tax year end we thought we would share what happens for investors post investment. So what happens next?
- Once all investment funds have been cleared by our appointed nominee, TT Nominees Ltd (“TT”), the funds are allocated across the tranche of companies receiving funding.
- The amounts invested in each company may vary depending on their current funding requirements and also the allowance of S/EIS funding available under the scheme.
- The percentage of investment for investors is also taken into account to ensure there is a balanced portfolio.
- Post investment, investors will receive a confirmation statement from TT providing a breakdown of the companies invested into and the number of shares allocated depending on the amount of investment made.
- TT holds the shares for the underlying investors in the individual companies, this is unlike a VCT where the investor holds shares in the fund.
- Jenson then applies for the S/EIS3 certificates from HMRC which enables the distribution of share certificates to investors, in turn enabling investors to claim any eligible tax relief. The timing of this will vary according to the trading status of the investments, but will generally be between 1 month and 6 months post investment.
- Post investment investors will receive quarterly Investor Reports detailing the progress of the companies within the individual investors tranche of portfolio companies and semi-annual Valuation Statements. The Investor Reports are provided by Jenson and the Valuation Statements are provided by TT.
- Post investment the companies join our portfolio and have regular monitoring calls with the Portfolio team. The Portfolio Team are on hand to offer any assistance and advice where needed also connecting the portfolio companies with each other, hosting founders forums with relevant topics for start-ups, monthly updates with news and offers available across the portfolio. Jenson may provide additional services to support companies, for example:
- in raising follow on finance in the external market, such as financial modelling, pitch deck preparation and promotion of the company to investor networks;
- work with the company to source high quality suppliers where a need is identified that an investee company needs specialist advisory or operational input; and
- source potential suppliers such as Finance Directors, accounting, bookkeeping and financial modelling services.
- Occasionally our investors have expressed an interest in individual portfolio companies and how they could get involved or help them, if this is something you would like to explore please get in touch at email@example.com.
If you would like to review our Information Memorandum and Application Pack please click on the link below.